Affiliate & National Benefits
What Can ISM Do For You? - 20 Reasons to Join Today
Gain valuable contacts within your community and keep current on the issues that affect you. Regular membership includes:
Professional Development Dinner Meetings - Quarterly opportunities to gain valuable insight on supply management trends and network with other local professionals.
Satellite Seminars - Produced by ISM, we host satellite seminars for our members locally, making it easy for you to stay tuned to supply management.
Workshops and Seminars - Offered throughout the year, ISM-Central Ohio provides workshops and seminars presented by the local and national leaders in supply management. Topics vary, based on what's currently happening in the industry.
Fun & Entertainment - All for the advancement of our industry and for the benefit of our members. We offer an annual scholarship fundraiser event and golf outing - great ways to contribute to a worthwhile cause, while networking with supply management professionals and vendors.
R. J. Flanagan Scholarship Fund - Our affiliate is pleased to be able to offer scholarships for the purpose of pursuing professional certification or college credits related to supply management. This fund is made possible through the proceeds of our annual scholarship fundraising event.
A Local Liaison - ISM-Central Ohio is your point of contact. If you have questions or concerns regarding supply management or your membership, or if you'd just prefer to interface with a local colleague, we are available for you.
Affiliate Website - ISM-Central Ohio offers a website for our members to stay up to date with what is happening in Central Ohio. In additional to local program information, you can participate in forum discussions and look for local job postings.
Additional ISM Benefits
- Inside Supply Management®
ISM's monthly magazine contains thought-provoking discussions and information on those topics most relevant to today's forward-thinking, strategic supply managers. Published exclusively for ISM members.
- Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report On Business® (ROB)
ISM's monthly survey of purchasing statistics is the first of its kind. It's considered by many economists to be the most reliable, near-term economic barometer available today. The full report is delivered to ISM members each month within the pages of Inside Supply Management® magazine.
- Unlimited Access to ISM's Web Site
Unlock the possibilities of this valuable resource. Members can search an extensive database of supply management information, take part in professional forums, contact affiliates or other related organizations, and learn about ISM's assortment of educational products and services. Members also have access to:
- The Online Career Center — search a database of employment listings from across the country, post your résumé for organizations to see, search for the perfect employee, or take advantage of other career-enhancing tools. New features added often.
- The ISM Online InfoCenter — without a doubt, the largest purchasing and supply management library around. Check frequently — new information is added all of the time.
- Supply Management Advocate -- No one understands better than ISM how supply management affects the bottomline, and no one promotes the profession like ISM. As a member you have access to ISM's printed and electronic materials which can help you do this within your organizational infrastructure as well. Let us help you communicate your value-added contributions to senior management.
- Certified Professional of Supply Management (CPSM) Programs
The CPSM reflects the expanded education, skills and experience needed for supply managers to be successful as the profession evolves into the 21st Century.
This designation is for those working in any of the major private, public, or non-profit work sectors. As a member you'll receive substantial discounts on study materials, testing and other related fees.
- Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit
Network with more than 2,000 peers at the only international conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management. Examine emerging trends and challenges during comprehensive workshops conducted by your peers. The conference attracts distinguished keynote speakers to discuss current national and international issues and features several sessions highlighted by prominent corporate leaders. Members receive significant savings on registration fees.
- Professional Groups and Forums
Gain a deeper understanding of your area of expertise and develop valuable connections when you join an ISM Group or Forum. Select from a wide variety of interest areas including services, materials management, health care and hospitality.
- Member Benefit Programs
As an ISM member you'll have access to an ever-expanding set of benefit programs, in most cases providing discounts on unique, helpful products and services beyond what can be found elsewhere.
- Commodity Tracking via Propurchaser.com — customizable commodity updates sent directly to your in-box each week. Track steel, plastic, coffee, or other commodities relevant to you, then use that information in your negotiations to ensure best performance. Members receive an extended, free trial period and $300 off annual subscription fees.
- Book Reviews via The Business Source — concise summaries of popular business books delivered to your in-box each month. Learn best practices and powerful insights from leading thinkers such as Stephen Covey, Malcolm Gladwell and Jack Welch. Members receive a subscription to the Business Source for 70% off the retail price.
- ISM Knowledge Center
The ISM Knowledge Center provides a number of supply management classes which you can take online, at your own pace. Covering topics from cost price analysis to supplier management, the ISM Knowledge Center is a terrific way to sharpen your skills. ISM members receive a discount on registration fees. Even better, selected courses are available for free. Test one out today.
- Seminar Discounts
Enhance your professional development and job performance when you enroll in one of ISM's many seminars held throughout the country each year. Experienced instructors, thought-provoking sessions, and numerous topics are just some of the reasons these programs often fill up quickly. And don't forget — members save hundreds with each registration.
Also available — satellite seminars, broadcast to participating ISM affiliates or external companies. Addressing different supply management issues and offered several times throughout the year, satellite seminars are live alternatives that allow you to interact with speakers and peers without leaving your city or affiliate location.
- Professional Development Resources
ISM offers a wide variety of products to help complete your supply management information library. Our books and other self-study products will broaden your knowledge and sharpen your skills. Topics include, but are not limited to, global sourcing, supply management, negotiations, legal issues, and leadership. All ISM members receive discounts on professional development resources.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Hone your interpersonal skills and leadership abilities while serving your profession. ISM provides a bevy of volunteer opportunities in both the local and global levels. Participate in key projects at your affiliate, serve as an affiliate officer, contribute to an ISM Group or Forum, or serve on an ISM committee — such as the ISM Business Survey Committee — and get into the action.
Being active in your profession speaks volumes to coworkers, colleagues, customers and others you interact with every day. For those taking it to the next level — ISM honors members for outstanding performance in the categories of Education/Learning, Innovation/Creativity, Leadership, Marketing/Communicating and Volunteerism.
- Industry Research
View ISM's annual Salary Survey and see how you compare to others in the industry. The full report available free to ISM members.
- Glossary of Key Supply Management Terms
A valuable tool for supply professionals, academics, researchers and students, the fourth edition of the Glossary includes information from all disciplines within supply management. Available to members through the ISM Web site.